All Things New


Six and a half weeks ago my life changed forever. Josiah Raylan was born on the 5th of February at 4:49 pm weighing in at 7 pounds 6 ounces, 19 inches long. I'm a mama now, a mom to the most beautiful little boy.


Life is different now. It will never be what it once was and that is good! I am reminded that God is making all things new. He is making me new as I take on a new role as a mom. It has changed who I am in all parts of my life, each role I've played over the years is colored now by a new lens. There is a freshness in my role as a wife, as a friend, as a daughter, as a   sister, and as a woman of God.

I've encountered God as I've never before. The depth of his love as a father to me takes on new meaning these days. The richness of His grace as I struggle to embrace the constant demands of motherhood as a sleep deprived woman.  The beauty of His presence in the first moments and days of Josiah's sweet life. The goodness of His perfect gift to Josh and me.  I'm in awe. 

Although I've had fleeting desires to take a moment to be selfish, my life is now devoted to this sweet little boy. He is my joy and I am blessed to be his mother. This calling in my life is one I don't take lightly. God has entrusted Josiah into my care and my prayer is that Josh and I will steward him well and raise him to be a godly young man. My life will never be the same, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
It is well with my soul!

Comments